Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Fiancee' For Hire by Tawna Fenske


I loved this book, and I really loved Kelli, "meet?" she raised an eyebrow at him as she tucked her small hand in his and gave a ladylike shake. "We've met at least a hundred times, Mac. You put a band-aid on my knee when I was ten and you were this big, cool high schooler whose kid sister's tripped while chasing boys on the playground." I mean that girl has no filter, "adoration." Kelli looked up at him and smiled. "Am I looking at you like I appreciate the fact that you pulled my chair out at dinner, or like you pulled my hair while doing me against a wall?" I loved her spitfireness, "she sat up then, smiling, and shook her head. "Seriously, Mac - that was effing incredible. Anyone tell you that your aim is impeccable?" He started to respond, but she clamped a hand over his mouth and laughed. "Never mind. Of course they have. YOu seriously must have a G-stop magnet in that thing." There was one scene that I almost died laughing:
          "I'm fine," she choked out, squirming under Grant's weight. "Stella?"
          "Right here, baby," she called. Kelli spotted her behind a piece of driftwood, a small pistol braced in her manicured fingers.
          Grant moved on top of her and she realized he was gripping a pistol of his own. "This wasn't what I had in mind when I suggest an evening shoot," he said.
          Kelli coughed and spit a mouthful of sand. "Jesus, is everyone here armed?" 
          "You're with the Patton family, hon," Stella called. "It's best to assume everyone's armed." 
That scene literally made the whole book. I loved Mac and Kelli. 

No comments:

Post a Comment