Friday, June 27, 2014

When Night Falls by Airicka Phoenix



Airicka had two men vying for my affection in this book Hunter who was just a little flirt, "yes, sir." Hunter broke communication turned to Scarlett. He grinned. "Looks like I have the rest of the day off. You know what that means." Then there was Rolf and once I met Rolf Hunter was just out of the picture. Rolf I loved him, "will you meet me tonight?" His face hovered inches from hers. She should say no. She should tell him to go back to his girlfriend, but again she couldn't. She needed him as much as he needed her." I know what you're thinking Rolf is another a** that cheats on his girlfriend and there's going to be a big ole' love triangle but honestly there wasn't so those of you who dislike those two factors in a book can rest assured. I loved how tender he was when he was with Scarlett though, "tender hands rested on her hips. She was drawn back into a broad chest. "It's all clear," he murmured into the back of her head. "It's just us here." She leaned into him and was rewarded with a light kiss to the side of her head. He lowered his head and his face nestled the curve of her neck." A lot of people know I focus on the romance of books but with this one Airicka made it so I focused on the action and what was going on around these two characters, which is a good thing. What wasn't a good thing was that damn cliffhanger she decided to spring on us although I'm not really mad at that as long as my two characters were in a place that I wanted which they were. 

No comments:

Post a Comment