Sunday, June 1, 2014

The Temporary Wife by Jeannie Moon


I thought it cute that after all those years Jason still has the hots for Megan, "he let her down, and she was a little unsteady on her feet, so he kept his arm around her shoulders. "Maybe if you stopped walking around on those stilts, you could stand up better." He looked at her feet as he admired her shoes. They were hot shoes, but she was going to break her neck if she kept wearing them." I also thought it was cute that they bot wanted to give her everything, "you're going to be my wife, you'll have diamonds." Meg opened her mouth, and Jason rested his index finger on her lips. "No. This is my manhood here. It's my right to give you as many jewels and luxuries as I can afford. People will expect it, and I won't lie, I find buying things for you very enjoyable." Megan isn't one to hide her emotions which I thought was a great thing, because it shows Jason just how much his a** is screwing up, "I thought maybe, there'd be something between us. Even a friendship would be okay, but for the last few weeks, since we got home, you've been ignoring me. You talk to Nate and Owen or to Harper, and after what happened the other night I'm guessing you're back to screwing her, too, but I don't exist in your world." After half the problems are fixed I really enjoyed the interaction between Megan and Harper especially when our boy Jason is half asleep:
             "Jason?" She gave him a little push, and he snored again. "Jason? Harper's here, she needs you for something."
              He opened one sleepy eyes and grinned at her. "The hell with that. Get naked and get in here with me." His hand shot out, and with one quick movement he grabbed her wrist and pulled her down next to him. Damn. "God, you're hot," he said, kissing her neck. "The things I want to do with you...I think we need more make-up sex." I loved reading this book, even though at times Jason needed a swift kick. 

No comments:

Post a Comment