Saturday, July 20, 2013

Going Under by S. Walden


This book was difficult to read, not in a bad way, just tough to digest as the material is raw, real, and can actually happen to anyone. But as scary as it was I loved reading this book my mind was baffled and I just loved it. Brooklyn the girl has gone through a lot and Ryan he's well he can get under her skin, both irritatingly and embarrassingly, "I felt humiliated. I was just 'some' girl, whether he meant it to come across that way or not. I had no business coming over here." Brooklyn's dad is protective, he loves his little girl not many dads would sit and hold a shot gun if a boy showed up at the door, "on the front porch. You leave that porch and I'll come find you. Do you understand what I mean, Ryan?" Dad sank back down in his club chair and rested the gun on his lap." Ryan can also get Brooklyn a little discombobulated, "I mean, I didn't almost come. I ... I don't know why I said that. Oh my God. I'm so embarrassed. I'm not like that. I've never come in my life. I mean, I'm a good girl." Ryan can make any girl blush, "then perhaps you'd like to come in so that I can kiss all over your body and then make love to you."  Ryan I just loved him, "I'm going to make up for those three years we were apart, Brooke." he said after a moment. "I've been telling you that for a year already. You should know. So I really need you to hold on to the headboard. And that's not a request." 

No comments:

Post a Comment