Saturday, June 29, 2013

Darkyn's Mate by Lizzy Ford


Honestly I love all of Lizzy Izzy's books but never have I enjoyed one more (other than Rhyn) than this one (probably because Darkyn reminds me of Rhyn) "Welcome to your new home, love" Why yes Darkyn thank you for that welcome that just made me wet my panties. He's also very imaginative (if you get my meaning ladies (*winks*)) "touch me, tast me, scratch me, bite me," he whispered. "You can't be too rough for me." He's also one whose presence demands the room, "I'll give you the terms this time. You can gauge the risk." He chuckled, a sinister sound. "you can eff me here, now, the way mates should. Or, when you lose our deal, you can eff the Dark One." He's also very accommodating with his woman, "you're the mate of the Dark One. You can do whatever the eff you want." Doesn't sound like a prison does it ladies? Rhyn it wouldn't be a story without his bada** showing up, "you s***ting me?" he returned. "You come back a demon and want to know what's wrong?" I mean it's really good to see him ladies, "one, he's letting me know he's the Dark One. I'm assuming the transition happened recently. We didn't know. Two, this is a personal eff-you, addressed to me from the Dark One. Three," he paused, studying her. "You. His mate. His human, blood bound mate." I'm really hoping the next book in the series goes back and forth between Darkyn's point of view and Gabe's. In all honesty I don't think Darkyn is a bad person/demon/deity/type thing he's just misunderstood and it takes a certain someone special to drag out some of the goodness in him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment