Friday, January 4, 2013

I Love You to Death By Natalie Ward


Natalie warned me before I started reading that the book was intense, so I tried to mentally prepare myself...yea that didn't work the whole time I was reading the book I was balling my eyes out. I kept thinking why can't Ash just find some happiness, and stop blaming herself for things that weren't her fault. I don't think I could find it in myself to have the strength Ash had on taking a chance with Luke, my heart couldn't take it. "After the cut hand, the dead fish, and the phone incident, Luke and I have been circling like sharks. By day I avoid him, but by night he emails me. A lot. Most of the time I find myself emailing him back." I finally, well I think I know why she finds the strength to be with Luke, he is truly considerate, (the scene I'm about to quote was probably my favorite scene from the book,)
                 "These are your birthday cakes," he says waving his arm over the selection. "I don't know which flavor is your favorite, so I baked you one of every sort."
                 "You made all of these?" I ask him, momentarily shocked at the effort, he's gone to for me.
                 "Uh huh," he replied cautiously. "I did." 
This scene we start to see Ash break down her barriers and I think it's when she truly starts allowing Luke more into her life. I love Natalie's writing, her attention to details, the fact that she captivates you from page one, I truly cannot wait for the sequel to come out to see how the story unfolds even more. 

I was on google looking for the book cover to post on the blog for this review and came across this I loved it so much I needed to share! 


No comments:

Post a Comment