Monday, February 24, 2014

Playing to Win by Shelley Munro


Lane learns very fast that you don't insult Kate, "I may not be well off but that doesn't give you the right to accuse me of...of scandalous muck-raking to pay my bills," she snapped, emphasizing each word with a finger jab at his chest." Lane he can be sweet and caring when the boy wants to be, "hell, I'm sorry," he said. "Put my temper down to lack of sleep last night. Can I give you a ride home? By way of apology?" He will defend his private life, "no, damn it!" Lane pushed away from the counter, no longer calm and relaxed. He prowled the space between the table and the counter, reminding Kate of an agitated leopard. "You don't see. You and me, our relationship, is private. The only person I've ever discussed my personal life with is you." 

No comments:

Post a Comment