Saturday, February 1, 2014

Plain Jayne by Laura Drewry


This book was so cute and I loved Jayne's blunt honesty, "so you kicked me out of your wife's funeral in front of church full of people. Big deal. It's not like it was the first time I was shown the door in this town." The green flecks in Nick's eyes darkened and his jaw tightened, but before he said anything else, she yanked the key ring of his grip and stared straight back at him." Lisa I didn't like her at all, "the other thing I know about Nick is that he's not one to sit around and wait. When he sees something he wants, he goes after it." She licked her glossed lips again. "Given how long you've been friends with him, if he had wanted you, he would have had you by now." Nick I think he's just got confused about what he wants, "if it makes you feel better - or less better, if that's what you're going for here - I got some for Lisa, too, only her bunch was bigger." He stretched his mouth down and gently shaved the stubble from his upper lip. "How would it look if I got her flowers for our date and not you?" It's cute how he gets embarrassed, "all he managed was a choked laugh as he looked down at what he was wearing: brown work boots and green tartan boxers that didn't hide anything. He yanked her jacket off his shoulder and held it in front of himself." 

No comments:

Post a Comment