Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Keeping the Peace by Hannah Hooton


Jack needed to show me some things before I fell in love with him, I did eventually, but it was Pippa who had my love through out the whole book. She's feisty, "well, since they don't, do you admit that I might have my uses? I might be a waitress, but I'm not stupid, Jack." She defends herself when Jack gets on her about something stupid, "it was a mistake, Jack." She lifted her hands in a helpless gesture. "I don't make mistakes on purpose." She gives as good as she gets, "fine." She took it and walked away. "One last thing, Jack," she said pausing at the doorway. "Don't you ever talk to me like that again." She even knows how to defend her actions when Jack starts accusing her of something, "I'm ringing a mechanic to go pull my car out of a ditch!" She threw back at him. "If it wasn't for Finn, I'd probably be in some A&E hypothermia right now!" Jack he sure knows how to be an a**," I can't accept this as a gift. I haven't gotten you anything. I didn't even think to get you anything." His eyes darkened as she became more bewildered. "Exchanging Christmas presents is what friends and family do. I - I'm your boss." He did  have some promising moments, but the boy was just mostly an a** through out the book, which was okay, he just had to work a lot harder to gain my love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment