Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Faery Worlds (6 complete novels) by Various Authors


The Unfinished Song by Tara Maya
I liked this book, I loved Dindi. I just wished her and Kavio had more time together, there wasn't a lot of romance, which I like my books to have.Some of the characters were really rude and mean to Dindi because of what her dream is, "it'll never happen, goat-legs," snickered Kemla. "No one in your scraggly clan has ever been chosen as a Tavaedi. The closest Lost Swan clanholders come to dancing magic is to go mad and run off with the fae." Hadi he was just a boob, "there you are! An important guest has arrived for middle-meal and Great Aunt Sullana will chop off your toes if you miss it. And on top of that, I'm starving. If you make me miss middle-meal, I'll tell her you went off dancing with the fae again." Kavio I just loved him right off he was an honest person, and he's I just love him, "no. I'm going to free the old man. You're going to try and stop me. Then I'm going to kill you." As I said I really wished there was some romance blooming between Kavio and Dindi, I mean this is a start of a series which meant (sadly) a damn cliffhanger. Wasn't pleased with that as I'm never pleased with cliffhangers. 
The Changelings by Elle Casey
Jayne is an interesting character she has such a potty mouth, and has this attitude of 'I don't care what others think.' She reminds me of the song, "I don't give a damn about my bad reputation." I forget who sings it but that came to mind, "not really, dude. She is too stuck up to even see you. I'm actually thinking about going back there and punching her in the face." Tony is her BFF well I should say trusty sidekick those two are like Bonnie and Clyde but doing PG things instead of what Bonnie and Clyde really did. "yes. Because even when you have your head totally up your butt and drag me to Miami with only fifty bucks in your pocket, you still make sure I have a nice, clean place to sleep." This book and what the characters go through kind of remind me of that show Survivor, "there will be ... obstacles... in your way; things designed to keep you from reaching your goals. You are permitted to use whatever is at your disposal to ... eliminate or incapacitate those obstacles." Jayne is a little protective of Tony, "no effing way are you kissing my Tony with that mouth." I liked the book this seemed more of what I read and in the age group that I read about. 
Fairy Metal Thunder by J.L. Bryan
This book was alright, not really my cup of tea, there was no romance, well maybe one smooch towards the end of the book, "but she had kissed him, and Jason knew she didn't hate him. Far from it." There were some funny characters like Mitch, "what's wrong?" Mitch asked. "Were you going to drop a number two?" And of course what would a faery book be without a name you can't pronounce, "the elf named Hokealussiplatytorpinquarnartnuppy Melaerasmussanatolinkarrutorpicus" there was a third part of that name but it was to long. As I said I need romance in my books and this one didn't have it well it had love for music but that's not really the same thing, you can't smooch music lol. 
Feyland: The Dark Realm by Anthea Sharp
This book had the start of romance but not really, well I mean it's a series so the start of the romance really will probably be in the next book. I've been dying to get my hands on this series to give it a go, and I did but honestly I don't think it's for me. I mean I love faeries and the mystical stuff, but it just wasn't my cup of tea. Why is it authors always tend to put those characters in the book that you just want to haul off and punch? "So, you're too good to answer?" Marny asked. "What are you doing here, anyway? Looking for a cheap boyfriend?" I mean I know kids are like that I lived through it, I'm sure others have lived through it, it's just tough reading about people who are rude and mean. Jennet she's a good character, "you're not spoilage," Jennet said. Then tilted her head, giving him a long, level look. "I think you're fine how you are." She looks past Tam's poorness and likes him for his gaming talents which is a new attraction to me, I never looked at someone for the gaming talents, probably because I'm not really a gamer. Toward the end you can see that the two characters have been through so much together and I guess that's where the romance maybe starts to bloom, "I'm alright. But how could you sacrifice yourself like that, Tam? I nearly lost you." Although this book wasn't my cup of tea I bet the gamers out there would like the book. 
Faelorehn by Jenna Elizabeth Johnson
This book was more my style, it reminds me of Julia Crane's books and I just love her to pieces! Cade he's I just loved him off the bat, "I often heard the spoken insults of the young people attending your school, but I never paid them much attention." He speaks so weirdly that I find it cute. He's also always so proper that just really pis*ed me off at times, "tomorrow, this will seem like a dream, but in a week's time I will send Fergus to you. Follow him, and I will introduce myself properly, at a more reasonable time of day. Then I'll explain everything." I didn't like how the book ended but it's a first book in the series no there was no cliffhanger it just I didn't like how it ended.
Ever Shade by Alexia Purdy- 
Yea Jack, hottie was my first thought, "He wore a tight black shirt with a leather belt tightened around his waist and multiple items strung onto it, including a sword." Men who carry sword I have a fetish for that haha. Soap he cracked me up fell in love with him as well not to mention he's good looking, "He was tall muscular and his long brown hair was tied back with some loose wisps framing his face. He wore form fitting armor and leather, a sword strapped to his back." Mostly though he cracked me up, "Sorry, you just crack me up. My dear Shade, I meant no disrespect. You're so like a young child in that you know almost nothing about the Fey. That's how we'll pass the time, I guess chatting about our peculiar lives. To answer your questions, yes, there are better ways to get around than on foot..." Jack is VERY protective maybe he has a little crush on Shade? "That's enough Dylan," Jack stated firmly as he put himself between the Captain and Shade. "We have no quarrel. We are under Teleen protection and you act hostile towards your own guests. The Queen will not be pleased knowing your hostility was lacking so." Dylan at first I didn't like him but he sort of grew on me, "You alright there? The wall isn't going to kick you back you know, it didn't really do anything to you." There may even be a little somethin', somethin' going on between the two, (yes I said that about Shade and Jack as well but I can't help it there's a lot of good lookin' men in this book) "Dylan's arms felt warm and strong around her, and she only hoped he would continue to hold her this way." I'm hoping to see more of Dylan and Shade, well I mean this is a first in a series so I'm sure I will but I want to see their bond grow and live happily ever after with some smooches. So I guess that means I'm Team Dylan haha.
Overall Thoughts-
Overall I thought the publishers, or whoever put this book together did a good job getting the reader's attention there are definitely a few series that I read in this book that I will go out and get to see where the stories lead, other not so much. 

No comments:

Post a Comment