Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Playing for Keeps by Emma Hart


Out of all of Emma's books this one has to be my favorite. Aston sweet baby Jesus I love him, "you're not being attacked." Aston mutters against my mouth. "Unless you want it." He has a cocky jerk side, "I think you're wrong," he whispers. "Because I'm pretty sure you said you wanted me on Saturday night - right before you dug those nails of yours into my back and wrapped your pretty little legs around my waist." Aston and Megan's relationship is a work in progress through out the whole book, both trying to find their ground with each other and others around them, "face it, baby, you need me as much as I need you. Maybe I need you more. I haven't figured that out yet, but believe me, Megan Harper, if I have to walk out of this room without you promising me you're mine, I will come back and chase you down. I will chase you down and if I have to, I will pin you and your naked, trembling body to that damn bed until you say it." Megan and I we have things in common, like our books, "there's nothing wrong with my books. They give me what I don't have in real life." Ain't that the truth, and when someone messes with those books we get mad, "you don't throw my books. Ever." I tell him firmly. His lips twitch. "I mean it. Next time you throw one of my babies, especially a favorite, I will hurt you." Aston he just makes the story well actually both Megan and Aston do, but the s*** that comes out of Aston's mouth is funny, "please tell me it's easy to ride a horse with a boner." 

No comments:

Post a Comment