Monday, April 22, 2013

Breathe by Kristen Ashley


Chace had to grow on me, the first few times he and Faye interact isn't pretty, "I have and you'll know I have when I say Miz Goodknight, I do not want your concern. I don't want your listening ear. I don't want your company. What I want is for you to walk you fat a** up the trail and leave me the eff alone." I mean he's like really rude, "you, takin' a walk alone in the dark of night in a town full of bikers who like to get drunk, rowdy and laid doin' it with your ear phones in and music so loud you couldn't hear someone approach even if he was wearin' a effin' cowbell." Faye that girl may not seem to have a backbone but she really does and when she needs to be she's feisty, and she sometimes just blurts random things out which amused me, "you're beautiful, a good kisser, this is our first date, my bed is in the room, I'm nervous as all heck and I just thought I was going to die choking after spitting out gum so no, I'm not all right." Chace can be crude, at the most inconvenient times, "Faye, bein' real my d*** is still inside you," he reminded me. "This is not only s*** we can talk about. It's s*** we have to talk about." I liked this book but not as much as the others I've read by Kristen.

No comments:

Post a Comment