Thursday, January 24, 2013

The Moonstone and Miss Jones by Jillian Stone


Well I must say I cried in the end as it wasn't the ending I wanted, but a cliffhanger instead! I loved when Phaeton and America were reunited: 
            "And while we were separated, did you...think of me?" 
            Phaeton rose from the chair. "Every minute." He strode toward her slowly. "Of every hour." He caught her up in his arms. "Of every bleeding day." His gaze fell to her mouth...
I also didn't realize Phaeton takes alone time with America VERY seriously, "If we're going to be rooming together, there's something you should know before barging into my bedchamber. When America and I are engaged in...private matters, there will first be a series of moans and cries - perhaps a few naughty demands in french - hers. Those lovely utterances will be followed by a second set of grunts and bellows. Those...would be mine." Phaeton raised a brow. "Did you hear any grunts and bellows?" There better be a third book in this series as I didn't like the ending, and I can't say why as that would entail me giving spoilers and we wouldn't want that.  

1 comment:

  1. Sorry about the cliffhanger, Heather! The Phaeton Black series is going to evolve over a series of books, with new characters moving in and out of an overarching plot line. Some of the books will be written in different points of view, as well. (Dr. Exeter and Mia are the love story for book #3)

    Phaeton and America become supporting characters in the upcoming stories, but they will always be a part of the series. Eventually, even Luna grows up and becomes a heroine with her own set of adventures! :)

    ReplyDelete