Tuesday, January 1, 2013

The Chronicles of Fire and Ice By Laura Hunter


First Off the freakin' cliffhanger KILLED ME! Right off the bat I was sucked in and I loved it. There were aspects of the story I didn't like, for instance this scene:
     "You know that was my first time?" she told him running her fingers through his hair.
     "I'm surprised I beat my brother to it," he chuckled. 
I mean call me a hopeless romantic, but shouldn't your first time be given to someone you love and not the enemy? I get why Scarlett did it but Lakyn didn't deserve the honor of being her first. I loved the tender moments between Scarlett and Dyston:
    "I'm curious," she said, after a few minutes of just stroking and staring.
    "You explored every inch of me and you're still curious?" he chuckled. 
For a first book it was excellent full of love, adventure, and death. The way Laura writes you would think this is one of many books she has written! Now she needs to hurry up and write the next part. 

No comments:

Post a Comment