Monday, August 3, 2015

Fury's Kiss by Nicola R. White



Tara's neighbor Mrs. Hadley was a damn hoot, “and you, young man.” Mrs. Hadley popped back into view and picked up her scolding as though she’d never broken off. “In my day, gentleman callers may have gotten fresh from time to time, but they certainly didn’t disrobe in the backyard. For shame!” She was so entertaining, “Tara, dear,” Mrs. Hadley replied, peering at me over the top of her bifocals, “don’t play dumb . It’s not attractive.” Jackson snorted, then tried to disguise it as a cough when I cut my eyes at him. “You’d better just come over for a nice piece of apple crumble,” she continued. “We have a lot to discuss.” Jackson knew how to kick a girl while she was down, he needed a swift kick in the area at times, “look, I’ve tried to be nice, but you’re not getting the message. This was fun, but I’m not interested in anything more. I’m not able to give you anything more.” He went inside and didn’t look back." I was completely enthralled in this book I thought there might be a cliffhanger but come to find out its a stand alone and each book in the series will be about different characters which I'm really happy about. I can't wait for the next book!

No comments:

Post a Comment