Friday, March 28, 2014

How to Lose a Duke in Ten Days by Kate McKinley


I loved this book, I loved this book, I LOVED THIS BOOK! But I mostly loved Lucas, "Miss Welby's priorities are perfectly understandable," be said lazily, as though her blunt dismissal hadn't offended him in the least. He flicked his gaze in her father's direction. "Leave us, Welby. I'd like to speak with your daughter alone." I mean the boy is just cocky, "you astonish me, Miss Welby. I would have thought the reason was quite clear." He leaned down and placed a hand on each armrest, caging her in. For a brief moment, it felt as though all the air had been sucked from the room. She could scarcely draw in a breath. Her heart fluttered at his nearness, but she didn't lean back. She wouldn't give him the satisfaction. "I want you in my bed, of course." I mean the boy only has one thing on his mind, "Lucas swept his gaze over the gaggle of maids once more. "Let's discuss this in a more private setting." In his bed, their naked bodies tangled in the sheets, perhaps." I mean I think it's so cute how he needs to teach Pippa some things:
               He took her hand and placed it on his falls. "Do you feel that?" 
               She swallowed and nodded, curling her fingers around him through the fabric of his breeches. He was hard, like iron, and thick. "Yes." 
               "It needs to be inside you," he said matter-of-factly.
He also has no qualms is stating what he wants to do, "I want to come inside you, Pippa," he whispered in her ear. The warmth of her breath brushed against his cheek, and he nearly lost control. "I want to give you my children. Would you like that?" I really did love Pippa and Lucas.


No comments:

Post a Comment