Friday, February 7, 2014

A Wicked Pursuit by Isabella Bradford


This book was a little slow for me, but once it picked up I fell in love with Harry, "the two dogs were sitting quietly with their front paws on the edge of the bed, their eyes blissfully closed as Harry stroked their heads and rubbed their silky ears. If the dogs looked happy, then Harry looked ecstatic, softly crooning nonsense to them. He glanced up when Gus appeared. "Have you met my boys?" He can be so passionate where his woman is concerned, "a different regard," he repeated ruefully. "I suppose that is the genteel way of saying I want nothing more than to pull you down beside me and kiss you senseless." I mean even with his injury the man knows how to support his girl, "instead he pulled her into his arms and dragged her back with him, using the wall for support. His mouth crushed down on hers as if he were famished, kissing her with a demanding and ruthless intensity." Since these two got married all Harry has on the brain is sex, "one last pass, sweetheart," he said, "and then home. We needn't begin dressing for evening until five or so, which should leave us time for a swift, ah, interlude, if you can be persuaded." 

No comments:

Post a Comment