Sunday, September 22, 2013

Down on Love by Jayne Denker


First off the guy on the cover totally reminds me of Josh Bowman from the show 'Revenge' so of course I needed to have this book (I keep telling ya'll I'm obsessed with book covers.) One scene in this book had me rolling over in laughter, "then she gasped and scrambled as a can of beans rolled out of one of those bags. She made a valiant grab for it, but she was never good at fielding. She bobbled the can, and it went even farther then it would have on it's own - straight into the worst possible spot for a metal can to hit a man." And to make matters worse George tried to help Casey relieve some of the pain, "George held the bag of peas above the area in peril as she nervously turned it one way, then another, trying to figure out what to do with it. Then he moved his hand from out between his legs, and George grabbed the opportunity to push the bag onto the spot at the base of his zipper....
                          "Stop...helping," he choked out." 
Yeah... good scene. Casey really does care for George that he's willing to fix whatever problem she has, "what? Tell me what's wrong, I'll fix it -" This book did have funny moments, and cute and sweet moments but I felt like it was missing something I'm not sure what, but it was missing something. 


No comments:

Post a Comment