Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Never Tempt a Duke by Virginia Brown


What a wild, witty ride this book was. Deverell there were times I disliked him and then there were times I loved him, at first I kind of found him unfeeling, "good God, not tears, I hope," Deverell muttered, and strode to the bell pull and gave it a yank. "We'll finish this discussion in the morning, Lady Alyssa." He seemed like a bossypants, "allow your chair to be pulled out for you, Lady Alyssa," he drawled, and she stared at him. "A different set of rules apply now. And you may curtsy to me when you enter." I loved the Dowager Duchess:
                   "When do you intend to let her out of your bed?" the dowager asked testily, fixing her grandson with an irritable glare when he appeared downstairs for breakfast alone. "No one has seen your wife in two days."
                    Deverall lifted his brow. "I thought you were anxious for an heir, madam. I don't know of another way to provide one for you." 
As the book goes on we see Deverell develop feelings, "he threw polite restraint and decorum to the wind and pulled her to him in a swift motion that made her gasp with surprise. He kissed her, held her close, and pushed the errant curl of silky hair from her eyes, and softly said in her ear, "I will not tarry, Alyssa." I really enjoyed this book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment