Monday, September 23, 2013

The Rules of Regret by Megan Squires


Cute cover equals Heather must read. This is one of those books that I hounded the author (well nagged everyday if the ARC was ready yet.) Surprisingly the author didn't hate me but found it amusing and was honored that I was truly interested in her book. The main reason being Torin, sweet baby Jesus that man does things to you, "Torin laughed unrestrictedly. "Well if that's the case, I'd love to see it. Go for it, strip down and show us this masterpiece you boast of." Darby that girl...is something else, "where did his pants go? And why was I staring at his underwear that was covered in hundreds of yellow smiley faces, repeated over and over in a dizzying, disorienting pattern? Seriously, why were his boxers smiling at me?" Maybe they want you to find the pot of gold hidden underneath them, who knows Darby, who knows. Torin isn't bashful, "hold up," he interjected, hand raised. "I might not be as smart and sophisticated as you Lance is, but I haven't heard any of the campers or counselors complaining about my looks." A devious smirk broke across Torin's lips. "Just the opposite, in fact." And he knows how to stick up for his girl, "wrong," Torin interjected like a buzzer. "You had a choice. You chose poorly. Darby is the one that doesn't have a choice. And now she's supposed to what - just accept it and move on?" Good lord I loved this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment